On September 14, 2003, Jim and Marcia Fleck became the Pastor of OFWC. They have been blessed with five children. Each of their children have been actively involved in the ministry. Jim is a graduate of Southwestern College and Rhema Bible Training Center. Jim and Marcia have served in various ministry positions including Children’s Pastor, Youth Ministry, Associate Pastor and Senior Pastor. Their past experience helps them deal more effectively with the whole church. Together they would like to welcome you to our church.
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe there is one true God, eternally existing in the persons of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His substitutionary and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal coming again for the saints in power and glory.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, inerrant and the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe in personal salvation of believers through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in sanctification through the Word of God and by the Holy Spirit, and we believe in personal holiness and purity of heart and life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: those that are saved unto the resurrection of life and those that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as distinct from the New Birth and the initial evidence of the reception of his experience is speaking in other tongues, in the gifts of the Spirit, and the evidence of the fruit of the Spirit. We believe that all of these are available to believers.
- We believe in water baptism to be an outward evidence of the inner experience.
- We believe in the second coming of our Lord and love and wait for his appearing.
- We believe God has ordained the Church for the perpetuation of His truth and work in the world.
Why we do the things we do…
We are a Pentecostal/Charismatic church, so we may do things that are different than you have experienced before.
Being slain or falling in the Spirit.
- 2 Chronicles 5:14 – The priests could not continue their service because of the cloud, for the glorious presence of the Lord filled the Temple of God.
- John 18:6 – As Jesus said “I am he,” they all drew back and fell to the ground!
- Revelation 1:17 – When I saw him, I fell at his feet as if I were dead. But he laid his right hand on me and said, “Don’t be afraid! I am the First and the Last.”
Lifting up holy hands.
- Psalms 63:4 – I will praise you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer.
- Psalms 134:2 – Lift your hands toward the sanctuary, and praise the Lord.
- 1 Timothy 2:8 – In every place of worship, I want men to pray with holy hands lifted up to God, free from anger and controversy.
Laying on hands, anointing with oil.
- Mark 6:13 – And they cast out many demons and healed many sick people, anointing them with olive oil.
- James 5:14 – Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord.
- Acts 28:8 – As it happened, Publius’s father was ill with fever and dysentery. Paul went in and prayed for him, and laying his hands on him, he healed him.
Speaking in unknown tongues.
- Acts 2:4 – And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages, as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability.
- Acts 19:6 – Then when Paul laid his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in other tongues[ and prophesied.
- 1 Corinthians 14:14 – For if I pray in tongues, my spirit is praying, but I don’t understand what I am saying.
Singing in the Spirit.
- 1 Corinthians 14:15 – Well then, what shall I do? I will pray in the spirit, and I will also pray in words I understand. I will sing in the spirit, and I will also sing in words I understand.
- Psalms 33:3 – Sing a new song of praise to him; play skillfully on the harp, and sing with joy.
- Psalms 40:3 – He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord.
A Word of Knowledge spoken to someone.
- 1 Corinthians 12:8 – To one person the Spirit gives the ability to give wise advice; to another the same Spirit gives a message of special knowledge.
- 1 Corinthians 2:11-12 – No one can know a person’s thoughts except that person’s own spirit, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit. And we have received God’s Spirit (not the world’s spirit), so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us.
- John 14:17-18 – He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you. No, I will not abandon you as orphans—I will come to you.
Tongues, Interpretation of Tongues and Prophecy
- 1 Corinthians 14:3-5 – But one who prophesies strengthens others, encourages them, and comforts them. A person who speaks in tongues is strengthened personally, but one who speaks a word of prophecy strengthens the entire church.
- 1 Corinthians 14:13 – So anyone who speaks in tongues should pray also for the ability to interpret what has been said.
- 1 Corinthians 14:24-25 – But if all of you are prophesying, and unbelievers or people who don’t understand these things come into your meeting, they will be convicted of sin and judged by what you say. As they listen, their secret thoughts will be exposed, and they will fall to their knees and worship God, declaring, “God is truly here among you.”
Reaching our communities, our nation, and our world one person at a time with the love of Jesus Christ.Our Vision
To bring people to Jesus and membership in His family, to develop them in Christ-like maturity, and equip them for their ministry in the church and life mission in the world in order to magnify God’s Name.Our Purpose